Monday, January 7, 2013

Grover

It's with great sadness to say that my 2 1/2 year old kitty, Grover, passed away today.  It was very, very sudden - I had no idea he was sick until it was too late.

Now, I will be the first to say that I've never been a cat person.  I have always been a dog lover.  But, one day, I found this in my backyard.

How stinkin' cute!  His mother had him and 2 other kitties on my front porch.  After that day, she took them away and a few weeks later, he showed up in my backyard. I felt so bad for him - his momma and siblings left him behind.  I did find a home for him at first, but they weren't able to keep him, so after 2 weeks he came back to live with me.

What can I say?  I bonded with him pretty quickly.  It's hard not too when they are just so cute and playful.
And he could be a punk sometimes, but he was a very smart and good cat.  He loved when I would scratch and rub behind his ears or on his cheeks.  He would purr so loud and lean into to my hand.  And he made friends with my neighbors who loved him too.

RIP Grover - I'll miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh... I am so sorry! Our cat (who is now Queen Cat) just showed up in our yard too. She looked just like yours, starved and scary looking. My hubby was going to call the pound, WE ARE NOT CAT PEOPLE, but our children begged to keep her and so we did. I actually like her and appreciate her. I always think - she picked us to be her family. Anyways, sounds like your cat had a wonderful life there with you guys! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no. i'm so sorry to hear this, it makes me cry thinking of my own kitty babies. i'm definitely a cat person.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.