Monday, May 6, 2013

French Doors' Edges

You thought you were done hearing about painting my french doors, didn't you?  ;)  I never did paint the edges of my french doors and the sidelites.  And here's why...

See all that hardware?  That's the locking mechanism on the sidelites.  There was no way I was going to try taping all of that off and I didn't want to try taking it off for fear of not being able to put it back in.  Since this took up about 85% of the entire edge, I decided to leave it be.  It didn't look bad at all without being painted.  You can't even tell the difference.

The 2 main doors on the other hand, well, you could see how dirty and yellowish they were.  The one door (without a doorknob) had an edge that looked yellowish.  In the picture below, you can see part of it and how yellow it looks compared to the doors.
BEFORE

AFTER
Much, much better.  And brighter!

I don't have a "before" picture of the dirty edge of this door, but you can see how much better & brighter it looks also.


I know it's not that big of a deal to have painted the edges - especially because the main doors stay shut -  but I knew over time, it would eventually bug me.  It didn't take me that long to get it done, so it was worth it.  So, the "painting of the french doors" is officially done...until I decide to change the color.  ;)

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.