Thursday, May 2, 2013

Laundry Sign

Is it seriously May already?  How in the heck did that happen?!  I'm slowly, but surely getting things done around here.

I think I've mentioned in the past that my laundry is in the garage, which means I can't have one of those pretty laundry rooms I see all over blog-land.  I've been racking my brain to figure out how to make it as pretty as I can considering it's in the garage, but that's a project for down the road...

Anyhoo, on one of the blogs I follow, I found this cute yet functional laundry sign.  I quickly pinned it for future reference.  I bought a cheap frame while at Ikea a few weeks ago, so I figured I may as well finally put this all together.

I didn't do anything fancy - just printed it on regular 'ol paper.  I chose the aqua/teal/turquoise color that I love.

**Side note:  I moved the laundry shelf just a tad lower, knowing that I was going to put this sign up.  It works out better for me anyways, since I'm not very tall.

BEFORE

AFTER

And here's the sign in action!  Exciting, right?  And, yes, that was sarcasm.  :)


I actually love that it's so functional - I have tons of shirts with only these symbols on the labels, so now I have a reference right in front of me when I'm doing laundry.

There's a spot to the right of the sign above the dryer that's empty.  I'm planning on putting another sign up, just have to figure out which one to use.  And eventually, this little "laundry nook" will get a revamp, but, ya know - baby steps!

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY
Linked up to:






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.