Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Projects In The Works

It's been quiet on the blog, but not-so-quiet on the homefront.  There's been lots of things going on, all the while I've been trying to fit in projects when I can.

I think I mentioned before that I've been in the process of making a plank headboard.   I ended up buying a Kreg Jig so that I could go with Plan B, which will make it easier to finish up the project.  I played around with it tonight and am loving it so far!

I actually had to put the headboard on hold for a bit since I helped make decorations for my friend's daughter's birthday party, which was last weekend.  (I thought I was going to have a couple of posts about the decorations, but I sort of forgot to take pictures of the finished products.  Oops.)  But, I'm hoping to have the headboard finished up soon.

I also want to make a few gifts, which I'll need to get done in the next couple of weeks, so I need to get on that - especially because my ideas are pretty ambitious and using processes I've never done before.

So, that's what's been going on - busy, busy, busy and several unfinished projects in progress.  I hope everyone is enjoying their summer - I know I sure am!

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed but not surprised. Can't wait to see it. Would have loved to see the decorations from the birthday party. I'm sure they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to learn how to build things, so I figured this was a fairly easy one to start with. I've had to re-do a couple of things, which has slowed me down, but it's coming along. :) The decorations came out very cute & my friend's daughter loved them.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.