Saturday, November 28, 2015

DIY Camper Snowglobe

Can you believe it's almost December?!?!  I know I say this every year to just about everyone, but time flies by so fast.  I've already started getting ready for Christmas - I figure that the earlier I get things done, the sooner I will be done and have time to just relax and enjoy the season!

Today, I have a really cute Christmas decoration to share.  I actually made it as a gift, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to some for myself and for other gifts!  It's so easy and cute!

Supplies needed:

Clear jar with lid
Items to put in your jar
Fake snow
Hot glue sticks
Hot glue gun

The jar I used was an old pickle jar - I just took the label off and washed it.  Reuse, recycle!

Most of the other supplies, I got at Michael's and made sure to use coupons!



Since my items needed a bit of a lift to be seen over the threading on the jar, I used a couple of corks that I had on hand for the base.  I just hot-glued them onto the lid of the jar.

I then hot-glued the camper and one of the trees onto the corks. (I did have to fold up a little piece of cardstock to put under the front of the camper to make it level since the front of the camper didn't have wheels).

Now, just add snow!

Oopsie...too much snow.


It really didn't take much snow at all.  Just enough to cover the "ground".  You'll just have to shake the snow all around until you get it in the placement that you want.

I'll definitely be making more of these!  

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.